Quality is important to our everyday life Quality brings to mind term such as inspection, process control auditing standards. While quality indeed includes these Principles, it also includes for example, Management System and continuous improvement, customers’ satisfaction and market focus, team work and well-being of employees. For organization, a quality approach is vital to maintain their business growth in the future to nations, quality serves as a symbol of its greatness. Individual see quality as a way of life.
The African Quality Achievement Awards (AQAA) is an annual event initiated at celebrating leadership innovation and creativity in Quality Management in Africa. The Award is aimed at identifying, recognizing and rewarding companies, personalities and products that apply quality culture and quality management best practice to the analysis, planning and implementation and control of policies designed to achieve corporate objective in both profit and non-profit making organization in Africa.
The event is initiated by African Quality Institute in collaboration with World Quality Alliance A Global Quality Organization Consultant with the support of Chartered Quality Institute (U.K) and Pan African Quality Organizations.
It will also be published in major African media like African Investor, African Report, African Business, and Business African Journal as well as major electronic media that has international coverage. A special quality journal called Quality Standards featuring the awards recipient will be published and delivered to the award winner on the Award day.
While this current award will be held in Nigeria, subsequent ones could be held in other African Countries such as South Africa, Ghana and Egypt etc.
The Award Research/Technical Committee
There is currently in place an Award General Committee and Research Committee that will handle all that has to do with the award. This general award committee is made up of International Quality Professionals from South Africa and Nigeria including standard organization Officials from Ghana Bureau of Standards (GBS) Uganda Bureau of Standards, standard Organization of Nigeria, National standard Bureau of Liberia, Africa Organization for Standardization (ARSO), and International organization of standardization, and Pan African Quality Organizations.
Quality Achievement awards Categories
*FMCG sector * pharmaceutical sector *Oil and gas *Airlines and Aviation *Telecom sector *Fast food and Eatery sector *Real Estate *Print and Electronic Media *cars/Automobile sector *ICT sector/Telecom support *Building Materials *Financial Services (Banking and Insurance) *Hospitality *Sport, Art and Entertainment * Professional Services *Healthcare sector *Supply Chain and Logistics *Household Electronics *Educational sector *Agricultural Product *Flour Millers *Fashion/Style *Interior decoration *Pension fund Administration *Foam and Bedding *Office Equipment *Industrial and Technical Product *Packaging/Package *Printing and Publication *Transportation and Transport Agent.
Special Awards Categories
- Environmental Quality Management System Award
- Occupational Health & Safety System Award
- Laboratory Accreditation System management Award
- Energy Management Award
- Risk Management Award
- Food Safety Management Award
- Information Security Award
- Corporate Quality Award
Quality In Education Achievement Awards
- Quality Education Personality Of The Year
- Quality-Driven Proprietor of the year
- Quality Education Friendly governor
- Quality Education Government Personality of The Year
- Quality Education State Service Delivery of the year
- Life Achievement on Quality Education
- Quality Education Achievement Award for Nursery/Primary Schools
- Quality Education Achievement Award for Secondary School/College Schools
- Quality Education Achievement Award for Tertiary Schools
- Quality Education Achievement Award for Vocational & Skill Acquisition Training schools.
Individual Quality Categories
- Quality Personality of The Year
- Quality Professional of the year
- Quality-Driven CEO of the year
- Quality-Friendly Governor Personality of The Year
- Quality Government Personality of The Year
- Quality Manager of The Year
- Quality State Service Delivery of The Year
- Lifetime Achievement on Quality Management
Award For Quality Excellence In:
- Manufacturing Banking, Financial Services
- Hospitality, travel & Tourism sector
- Pharmaceutical and Bio-technology sector
- Construction and Real Estate
- Business Processing Outsourcing
- Retails….. FCMG
- Telecommunication Services
- Supply Chain Logistic
- Power Generation/Alternative power generation
- Beauty, Wellness and Fitness
- Professional Services
- Consumers Durables
General Criteria for The Award Nomination
Compliance *Reliability *Use of Technology *Quality Awareness Drive *Ethical Standard and Policies *General Operation Performance in the last year *Personality of the CEO *Standards, Rules, & Regulation *Optimum Customer Service *Resilience, Value and Durability *New Innovation and invention *Quality Assurance Policies *Functionality and Values *Level of Customer Loyalty *Services Delivery *Perception *Convenience and Values *Relationship with Stakeholder *Acceptance and Profitability *Specification *Communication With Customer *Quality Orientation *Expectation and Performance *Access *Competence *Competitiveness *Creditability productivity *Sustainability *Responsiveness *Courtesy *Inspection/Auditing System *Process Control *Continuous *Improvement *Customer Satisfaction *Market focus *Promotion of Corporate Responsibility *Profitability *Leadership Principles *Operational Excellence *Strategic Management System *Personality of Awardees